Testosterone is the primary male sex hormone and also an anabolic steroid. It is the hormone that is responsible for the development and proper functioning of the male reproductive system like testes and prostate and also acts in imparting the secondary sexual characteristics in the male body anatomy, for example, development of the facial hair, increased strength of bones and muscles, etc. The entire testosterone metabolism is regulated and balanced to handle the sexual functionalities of the males.
The problems with the imbalance
Any form of imbalance in the testosterone levels in the body will lead to the following problems: –
- Affecting the primary male sex organ as well as the normal functioning of the male reproductive system
- Reduced energy levels and sexual arousal
- Effect on even the fatherhood and paternal care given to the children, as per the findings of a recent study
- Emotional and social stress, leading to a strained relationship amongst the peers and the nearby members
The symptoms of low testosterone level
The following are some of the symptoms that might indicate low testosterone levels in the body: –
- Reduced sexual arousal or sex drives with the partner or feeling shy to indulge any sexual activity
- Erectile dysfunction i.e. problems in the erection of the male sex organ during sexual activity
- Reduced energy levels and increased tiredness of the body
- Loss of body and facial hairs during the youth phase
- Irritation and frequent mood changes concerning the surroundings
- Falling into depression more often and not able to handle the regular stress of life
- Lower muscle strength and feeling of a sense of low-being
The above-mentioned symptoms are indicators of the problem and hence one must not overlook the same. Timely detection and cure for the problem are very important.
Testosterone treatment is mainly of the following two different types and is used based on the level of imbalance in the body: –
- Testosterone replacement therapy
It includes the therapy course that helps the males in dealing with the low levels of testosterone in the body. It includes a course prepared by a qualified doctor of the field that is followed by the affected male in the specified period. However, it might pose some side effects in the forms of rashes and pain in the areas where the therapy is given.
- Testosterone supplements
These are the supplements that are advised to be taken to improve the levels of the testosterone inside of the body. Testogen is one of them. but it’s advisable to check testogen review from a good consultant before buying. These can be of the following types: –
- The skin patch is worn on the arm or upper body and is applied only once a day
- Testosterone gels that are absorbed directly through the skin and improve the levels of the hormone inside of the body
- Mouth patch stuck to the upper gums of the mouth
- Injections and implants gave at the regular and specified intervals during the entire therapy course
However, any imbalances in the same would lead to disruptions in normal functioning. This article discusses further the testosterone misbalancing and details about the testosterone treatment.